Invalid digital signature error on Installation
The install/upgrade of WilComm to v188.8.131.52 or later fails with the following error:
Error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.
DO NOT CANCEL AN UPGRADE IF YOU SEE THIS ERROR.
FOLLOW THE SOLUTION BELOW, THEN CLICK 'OK' TO THE ERROR MESSAGE AND CONTINUE THE UPGRADE
- The WilComm installer is digitally signed to ensure compatibility with Windows 2008.
- Our software is signed with a digital certificate from the third-party certificate authority DigiCert.
- The default Windows 2008 installation does not recognise DigiCert as a valid certificate authority, however normally Windows will periodically download an updated certificate authority list from Microsoft.
- Servers that do not have a live internet connection will not be able to download the updated certificate authority list and this can cause the invalid digital signature error.
- View the properties of the Data1.cab file in root directory of the WilComm 184.108.40.206 installer.
- On the Digital Signature tab, click the Wilkinson Electronic Document Solutions signature and click Details.
- The certificate in the signature cannot be verified indicates that Windows does not recognise DigiCert as an authorised Certificate Authority.
- Download the DigiCert Assured ID Code Signing CA-1 certificate from https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm
- Right-click the .crt file and choose Install Certificate
- Click Next and chose the place the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
- Click Next and Yes to install the certificate.
(It may take a couple of minutes for the next screen to appear)
- On Windows 2008 SP1/SP2 you also need to Download and Install the DigiCert Assured ID Root CA certificate.
- The Data1.cab properties should now indicate that the digital signature is ok.
- Continue the WilComm 220.127.116.11 software upgrade/install.
Recovering from a Cancelled Install
- If you cancelled the 18.104.22.168 installer when you saw this error, this should not cause any problems if you were attempting a fresh install of WilComm 22.214.171.124
- Cancelling the 126.96.36.199 installer during an upgrade will leave the system with a partial upgrade.
- A reattempt to upgrade WilComm may not install properly. Once this has completed you should uninstall 188.8.131.52 and then perform a fresh install and restore your settings from your backup.